In the wake of the gruesome murder of 26-year-old veterinary surgeon in Shamshabad, Telangana police has issued 14 tips for the safety of women. Commissioner of Police and IPS, Anjani Kumar prescribed steps to be followed by women titled “very important message to all women and girls”. nationwide outrage.
Here are the do’s and don’ts suggested:
1. Get to know about the route if going to an unfamiliar place
2. Always wait in crowded areas and in illuminated areas.Not in isolated areas . Never hesitate in giving signal to police patrol cars or Blue colt police motorcycles in the area for help . They are for your safety and security .
3. If there is no persons visible around, you should walk to nearest shop, commercial unit and stand very close to it, so moving traffic can easily observe you.
4. Always be ready to all Dial 100.
5. Download hawk eye and put the location services on at all times.
6. In suspicious circumstances, pls ask help from passengers.
7. If there are no passengers or passer byes, act like you are talking to your relative on phone who is a police and share all the details of place and vehicles and people around you, this will scare them.
8. Be confident and talk loud when confronted. Shout for help if situation requires.
9. If you are in a helpless situation, pls shout and run towards crowded area.